So, it is now end of day 2 with my brother and if I didn't say this already, Paula and Sherrie are Saints I tell you, SAINTS!! My brother has only been her 24 hours and I've already put myself in timeout once, but Sherrie and Paula put up with alot more than that with my brother and I respect them for it!
Here is a recap of day two (and Friday night). At about 6pm Gary was dozing off on the couch and wanting to go to bed. I told him not yet or he would be up all night and I didn't need that. Finally around 8pm I told him to go ahead and go to bed. I don't know if it was more for me or him. I figured he'd been traveling all day and probably was tired so hoped he would sleep all night plus I was tired of looking stuff up for him on the internet. So, our plan for Saturday was we would go to K-mart to find the elusive toy semi-truck with trailer with ready mix truck with excavator, go to a movie and go dinner.
Well, at about 9:30pm I go into my room and within 5 minutes Gary was yelling to me so I go to see what he needs and he has the light on and is getting dressed and asking me what I did with his pants. I tell him his pants are right behind him and ask him why he is getting dressed. He tells me he has to go the bathroom and I had told him he couldn't walk around in his underwear. I appreciate the fact he listened to that but at this point I told him the bathroom is 5 steps away so to just go and go back to bed, but he continued to get dressed. And he was complaining that it was too hot. So I turned up the air before going to bed. At around 3ish I got up to go to the bathroom and I looked in on Gary and he was sitting up in the bed wide awake but the light was off. He asked me what time it was and I told him 3whatever and he asked if I was getting up and I said no. He told me again he was hot so I turned the a/c up again for him and went back to bed. I was awake around 6:30am but I didn't want to disturb the beast so I just stayed in my room for awhile and about 7am Mr Bell was yelling for me asking me where I was. I went out to the front room and he was fully dressed and I could tell he had been up for awhile and he told me he was freezing and wanted me to turn off the a/c and open the blinds to let the sunshine in! Then he asked me if I was up and I told him yes and he said "why don't you go hop in the shower". And I told him K-Mart wasn't opened yet and we would get there this morning.
Finally I decided to go get in the shower, first so he would stop suggesting that to me and second for a little peace and quiet. We finally made it to K-Mart by about 9:30am and he didn't find exactly what he was looking for but something that would suffice for now. On the drive to K-Mart I said "Gary, sometimes you drive me crazy" and he said "That's what brothers are for"! Mission accomplished!!!!
Here is a recap of day two (and Friday night). At about 6pm Gary was dozing off on the couch and wanting to go to bed. I told him not yet or he would be up all night and I didn't need that. Finally around 8pm I told him to go ahead and go to bed. I don't know if it was more for me or him. I figured he'd been traveling all day and probably was tired so hoped he would sleep all night plus I was tired of looking stuff up for him on the internet. So, our plan for Saturday was we would go to K-mart to find the elusive toy semi-truck with trailer with ready mix truck with excavator, go to a movie and go dinner.
Well, at about 9:30pm I go into my room and within 5 minutes Gary was yelling to me so I go to see what he needs and he has the light on and is getting dressed and asking me what I did with his pants. I tell him his pants are right behind him and ask him why he is getting dressed. He tells me he has to go the bathroom and I had told him he couldn't walk around in his underwear. I appreciate the fact he listened to that but at this point I told him the bathroom is 5 steps away so to just go and go back to bed, but he continued to get dressed. And he was complaining that it was too hot. So I turned up the air before going to bed. At around 3ish I got up to go to the bathroom and I looked in on Gary and he was sitting up in the bed wide awake but the light was off. He asked me what time it was and I told him 3whatever and he asked if I was getting up and I said no. He told me again he was hot so I turned the a/c up again for him and went back to bed. I was awake around 6:30am but I didn't want to disturb the beast so I just stayed in my room for awhile and about 7am Mr Bell was yelling for me asking me where I was. I went out to the front room and he was fully dressed and I could tell he had been up for awhile and he told me he was freezing and wanted me to turn off the a/c and open the blinds to let the sunshine in! Then he asked me if I was up and I told him yes and he said "why don't you go hop in the shower". And I told him K-Mart wasn't opened yet and we would get there this morning.
Finally I decided to go get in the shower, first so he would stop suggesting that to me and second for a little peace and quiet. We finally made it to K-Mart by about 9:30am and he didn't find exactly what he was looking for but something that would suffice for now. On the drive to K-Mart I said "Gary, sometimes you drive me crazy" and he said "That's what brothers are for"! Mission accomplished!!!!
Stay tuned for part 2 of day 2.
No comments:
Post a Comment