Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Scorpion King

Before

After (he is shining because of all the Raid)

Ok, how disgusting is that? I found him in the middle of my kitchen floor tonight after I got home from school! I was walking in the kitchen and noticed the shadow and knew it wasn't the right shape to be one of my other pets and I turned on the light and that is what it saw! I had no idea what I was going to do so I called Mica hoping for some sound advice. Well actually first I took a picture, then I called Mica but she didn't answer and then it started to RUN! At this point I'm a little freaked out so I grabbed my can of Raid, which I use for my other pets, and just started spraying and spraying and spraying! It tried making a run for cupboard but I was persistant in my spraying and I think I finally killed it. Well, then Mica called me back and I kept her on the phone while I was disposing of it. I wasn't sure how to dispose of it because was it really dead? Or can they just play dead? I didn't want to take any chances. Mica suggested I put it in a ziploc, but seriously? The biggest one I have was a quart size and that's a little too close for comfort, so I opted for disposable tupperware. I used the dustpan and scooped him up and dropped him in then sealed it nice and tight and put it in my garbage and then took the garbage out to the dumpster, passing the cockroaches and black widows along my route! I really need to move back to Utah!

P.S. Also notice the after the picture is a little closer since I was a little braver and not a scaredy cat like the before picture!

4 comments:

Kari said...

Yes you need to move back to Utah!

Anonymous said...

He was probably eating all the roaches that you didn't kill. You'd better buy some more Raid.

brandon

Diane said...

Apparently Raid doesn't kill them. I think I may have just drowned him. But reading the forums about getting rid of them people suggested chickens and peacocks eat them. So I might have to get a peacock!

Anonymous said...

EEEWWWWWWW agian! You need to get out of there soon! My body does the heebeejeebees when I see your pictures--I wish you the best of luck....have you found anything in your bed yet?