After our outing to K-Mart we went back to my place so Gary could change his shirt (don't ask, long story). I was a little tired (physically and mentally) and told him I needed to go tap a nap for a few minutes. I went in my room and then Sherrie called me so I talked to her and then went back out to see what G.B. was up to and he was just walking around enjoying himself shirtless. I told him he needed to get a shirt on and he told me he was tired and asked if he could go lie down for awhile before we went to the movies. I told him that was fine and I'll wake him up when it's time to for the movie. I checked the movie times and the movie he decided he wanted to go to was the new movie with Sarah Jessica Parker and there was a showing at 5:10pm it was now about 1pm and I figured this would give him time to get some rest and me time for a mental break and then we could go to the movie and dinner.
So, I wake him up around 3pm and tell him it's time to start getting up. He finally got up and we left the house around 4:15pm. As we are driving to the theater he tells me he doesn't want to see that movie now and I ask him which one he wants to see and he just wants to wait until we get there. I tell him it doesn't work that way, the movies don't all start at the same time. So we get to the theater and I look up on my phone the other movies there and their show times. I look for anything that starts within the next hour and we were limited on selections. There was the one he didn't want to see, some Planet of the Apes movie, The Lion King 3-D and some show about driving. So he says he wants to see The Lion King. This is how the conversation goes:
Gary: Oh, let's just go see The Lion King
Me: Are you sure?
Gary: Yes (head nodding)
Me: It's a cartoon...are you still sure?
Gary: Yes (head nodding)
Me: It's 3-D, so you'll have to wear the glasses...are you still sure?
Gary: Yes (head nodding)
Me: And the theater will be full of kids...are you still sure?
Gary: NO! I'm too old for that!
So, he decides on The Planet of the Apes (not my first, second or third pick). We go in and get him a soda and some licorice and take our seats in the theater and about 15 minutes into the movie he leans over, and in a not so quiet voice, tells me he's already seen this movie and doesn't want to watch it again! I lean over and in a not so quiet voice, ask him why he didn't tell me that before? He said he didn't know. So I tell him just to sit and watch it and over the course of the next 5 minutes he has probably told me at least 10 times that he is ready to leave and doesn't want to stay for the whole show. So, I say fine and we get up and leave and as we are walking down the hall to leave the theater there is a big cardboard sign for a movie and he stops to look at it and asks me "who is this lovely young lady?" pointing to an actress in the moving the sign is for. And I tell him she is an actress in the movie you decided you didn't want to go to! And we leave the theater, but not before he's introduced himself to a couple of young ladies who work there.
We go to the car and I ask him what he wants for dinner. I had already told him earlier that there was a hamburger place (I took him there before), a Mexican place, Village Inn where he could get breakfast for dinner and a Chinese restaurant. He decides he wants breakfast for dinner, so we go to Village Inn (not my first, second or third choice). We are seated and I turn his menu to the breakfast section for him to take a look and he yells to me that he doesn't want breakfast for dinner! So he ends up ordering a bowl of chili.
I just keep telling myself only one more night, only one more night. Around 9:30pm I tell him we need to get up early so he needs to start getting ready for bed and I decided to get some sleep I would have him take a couple of Tylenol pm. I told him to take them because they would help he get a good rest, he asked me if they were for his leg and I ask him if his legs are aching and he tells me yes and I tell him "Yes, that's exactly what it's for!" So this helped for a few hours but by 5am and probably earlier he was up and ready for the day!
Then Sunday morning we went to the airport and luckily his flight was on time and off he went to torture another sister!
I know it may not sound like it but I am glad he came and he does make me laugh! He may drive me crazy but he's my crazy brother and I wouldn't have it any other way!
3 comments:
Sounds like you have had a lot of fun!! Gary's actions sure sound a lot like Corbin....
You are a wonderful sister!
what a trooper!!! sounds like you are ready for a 5 day vacation with him coming soon.
Post a Comment